FIRST IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON IMAGE PROCESSING

Alan C. Bovik bovik at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 30 22:48:16 EST 1994

        FIRST IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON IMAGE PROCESSING
                        November 13-16, 1994
               Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas, USA

                        IMPORTANT  NOTICE

Dear Colleagues:

The purpose of this message is to provide you with some important
information that may assist you in making your hotel arrangements
for the First ICIP, if you are planning to attend.

The response to the  ICIP has been  tremendous! We are projecting
that the ICIP will  have more than twice the  attendance than was
originally projected. In response to this,  we have increased our
hotel bookings for the week of the ICIP. However, the hotel space
in Austin is limited, and in particular, the evening of Saturday,
November 12 is expected to nearly fill the  available hotel space
in Austin because of a University of Texas football game. Because
of the football game, we were only able to incrementally increase
our Saturday night booking.

Therefore we have the following recommendations:

* Book your hotel room EARLY. If you need another elecronic  copy
  of the registration information, please reply to this address.

* If you are planning to stay on the evening of Saturday, November
  12, then book your hotel space NOW. We strongly suggest that you
  book directly by telephone.  Be sure to mention  IEEE ICIP-94 in
  order to recieve the ICIP block rates.

* Please follow the above directions if you are planning to attend
  one of the Sunday Tutorials. Book NOW.

* If you are not planning  to attend a tutorial,  but wish to stay
  over a  weekend in  Austin, you might want to plan your visit to
  include the following weekend, which should be much less crowded.

* If possible, call the hotels during usual business hours 9AM-4PM
  otherwise you may reach a central reservations service, which is
  usually more difficult to work with.

* If you mail or FAX a registration to the hotel (not  recommended
  if you are staying the night of 11/12), be sure to include  info
  so that the hotel can contact you if there is a problem (phone #
  fax #, email, etc.).

* As of 23 September, the Radisson is BOOKED (full) on the evening
  of Saturday November 12, although al of the hotels are fine  for
  all other nights after that.

We look forward to seeing you in Austin!

                   THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
                             OF THE