coulometric detection

MR V VUMA g93v3708 at warthog.ru.ac.za
Sat Apr 1 10:48:50 EST 1995

This is for netters who have experience with ESA electrochemical detectors.

I'm developing a bioanalytical method for a catecholamine-like drug and am
using an ESA 5100 electrochemical detector with a 5010 analytical cell plus
a guard cell attached to a LC with a C18 column(M/Phase is phosphate
buffer/methanol with 100mg/l of Heptane sulphonic acid). Recently I have
been having problems of getting a steady baseline...I've tried to find the
source of this but have failed thus far. Initially I thought that my LC pump
had developed some major pulsing but the pattern is so irregular I have
discounted it as a cause.

Has anyone experienced similar problems and how did they solve them? Is ESA
online and if so what is their email address??

Any help/comments gratefully accepted...

Vusi Vuma
Biopharmaceutics Research Institute
Rhodes University
Grahamstown