Myth, Neuropsychology and Human Conflict

Jordan Peterson godofwar at isr.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 2 17:49:47 EST 1995

I would like to announce the internet posting of a book-length manuscript
I have written, entitled

The Gods of War: An Investigation into the Intrapsychic Bases of
Motivation for Social Conflict

This book can be accessed in toto at

http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~jbp/godsofwar.html

It purports to describe why human beings are prone to violent intergroup
conflict, from the perspective of individual motivation. It presents a
novel interpretation of the structure of mythology, and relates that
structure to fundamental neuropsychological processes, manifested in
cognition and emotion.

I have placed the text on the internet for experimental purposes.
A txt only gopher version is forthcoming.

I hope I am not violating any internet codes of conduct by informing your
newsgroup in this way. If I have, please excuse my ignorance.

I hope you find the information I am offering useful and interesting.

Comments regarding the book can be sent to my alias at

godofwar at isr.harvard.edu

Sincerely,

Jordan B. Peterson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor