HVC/song control nuclei in Birds - Thesis help needed

James C. Major, Jr. jmajor at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 4 01:05:46 EST 1995

I am a third year graduate student in Zoology seeking to conduct a
Ph.D. Thesis on any aspects involved in the neuroethology of birds.
I would like to examine some relationship between High Vocal Center
(HVC) nuclei volume and song repertoire size in Passerines. Alone, this
is not sufficient!
Could some nueroethologist please suggest some avenues for me to explore
in this vein?  My ideas seem to be at a standstill.  Any suggestions,
references, or advise would be extremely helpful! Thank you!