HVC/song control nuclei in Birds - Thesis help needed

COLLEEN M. SPECHT v102nq9f at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Wed Apr 5 12:00:22 EST 1995

In article <3lqnjq$npd at geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, "James C. Major, Jr." <jmajor at mail.utexas.edu> writes:

>I am a third year graduate student in Zoology seeking to conduct a
>Ph.D. Thesis on any aspects involved in the neuroethology of birds.
>I would like to examine some relationship between High Vocal Center
>(HVC) nuclei volume and song repertoire size in Passerines. Alone, this
>is not sufficient!
>Could some nueroethologist please suggest some avenues for me to explore
>in this vein?  My ideas seem to be at a standstill.  Any suggestions,
>references, or advise would be extremely helpful! Thank you!

Dear James - i am afraid you are missing the point.

A Ph.D. (one hopes) means that you can think these things out for yourself.
At least in my department, you must prove that before you get one.

Sorry to be so frank - but your posting is pathetic.

Colleen M. Specht
Graduate Student
Department of Psychology
State University of New York at Buffalo