Need information on Seizures related to LUPUS, possible causes

falvarez at desire.wright.edu falvarez at desire.wright.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:25:39 EST 1995

In article <3lpuv2$10v at ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> TimDean at ix.netcom.com (Timothy Dean) writes:
>From: TimDean at ix.netcom.com (Timothy Dean)
>Subject: Need information on Seizures related to LUPUS, possible causes
>Date: 3 Apr 1995 23:05:06 GMT

>I am in need of any information regarding seizures in which a person
>with Lupus experiences numerous seizures. Spinal Tap proved negative,
>but EEG & MRI's are showing numerous seizures. Our family is at a loss
>as well as the doctors. If you have information that may be helpful to
>my family I would greatly appreciate a response from you.
>Thanks
>Tim

Try:

Herranz MT, Rivier G, Khamashta K, et al., (1990) Epilepsy associated with
antiphospholid antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Clin. Exp. Rheumatol. 8: 461-468

And a review:

Neurological complications of antiphospholipid antibodies (1993)
R.L. Brey, Gharavi A.E., and M.D. Lockshin
In: Neurological aspects of Rheumatic Diseases
Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America
Volume 19 (4) 833-850

There you might find the names and addresses of clinicians that know about
your problem. I am just an outsider observer.

Hope it helps.

Francisco J. Alvarez
Wright State University