Serotonin Antibody question - help

F. C. Zhou IMCE100 at indyvax.iupui.edu
Wed Apr 5 23:46:54 EST 1995

In article <kautzman-3003951718520001 at lsd_mac.nrc.uab.edu>,
kautzman at nrc.uab.edu (Michele Kautzman) wrote:

> In article <3lf31s$3t5 at falcon.ccs.uwo.ca>, cassam at ctrg.rri.uwo.ca (Aly
> Cassam) wrote:
>
> > : I will be doing some immunofluorescence studies on serotonin in :
> > : formaldehyde fixed tissue. I've heard that the serotonin protocols are :
> > : difficult to get to work right.
> (portion deleted)
>  i would :
> > : really appreciate any help, or suggestions. My email address is :
> > : cassam at stroke.rri.uwo.ca. THanks in advance for the help, Aly.
>
> If anyone responds to this post, could you also send this info my way?
> My email address is kautzman at nrc.uab.edu.  I too would greatly appreciate
> any help!
>
> Michele
Aly and Michele:

Serotonin in  cell bodies is abundant and quite stable for
mmunostaining;   serotonin in fibers is less abundant than in cell bodies,
and is relatively vulnerable for immunodetection.  It is  easier to be
immunotained when the animals are petreated by, MAO inhibitor, pargyline,
and precusor, L-typtophan.

                              Feng Zhou/Indiana Univ Sch Med/
imce100 at indyvax.iupui.edu

--