HVC/song control nuclei in Birds - Thesis help needed

Alan Fried albe at cnct.com
Wed Apr 5 18:54:10 EST 1995

> Dear James - i am afraid you are missing the point.
>
> A Ph.D. (one hopes) means that you can think these things out for yourself.
> At least in my department, you must prove that before you get one.
>
> Sorry to be so frank - but your posting is pathetic.

I am afraid you are missing the point. The guy is only asking for help
for literature review not to make a thesis. I see nothing wrong with
that. You can't fault somebody for asking for help. As a matter of fact
this guy needs to be praised for having the guts to ask for it.

Are you going for your Ph.D? Let me tell you something its a lot tougher
than getting a masters thesis. I know through my own experience. Give
the guy a break.

Sorry to be so frank - but your posting is cruel and inhumane.