New Neurology Journal

Cara Kaufman ckaufman at access3.digex.net
Fri Apr 7 14:45:23 EST 1995

This message is to let you know that The Neurologist, a new journal devoted
entirely to the needs of the practicing physician, published its first issue
this January and now has two sample articles posted for your review on The
Electronic Newsstand.

The Neurologist, edited by Barney Stern, MD, of the Emory University Hospital,
is a new concept in neurologic journals because it is designed to answer
questions about the commonplace and complex patient management
issues that practicing neurologists deal with every day.  In each issue
you will find facts on neurologic disorders, diagnostic approaches, drug
therapies, and other health care issues that face the practicing physician.
In addition, readers will get timely coverage of the basic science
foundations of neurology, including:  neuroimmunology, neurorehabilitation,
neurodiagnostics, neuromuscular disorders and more -- all in a graphically
enhanced, easy-to-read format.

Sound interesting?  If so, you can take a look at two articles from
our first issue, which we have posted on The Electronic Newsstand.  You
can find them  at the gopher site enews.com (at your prompt simply type
"gopher enews.com") by selecting item #3 (Magazines, Periodicals, and
Journals) from the main menu, and searching alphabetically for THE
NEUROLOGIST.  Be warned: these articles do not represent a true
reproduction of the Journal, because gopher cannot support graphics and
all figures and diagrams had to be deleted from these articles.

We are currently developing a WWW homepage for THE NEUROLOGIST, and
we will announce the URL when it goes on-line.  However, to avoid any
confusion, we would like to make it clear that THE NEUROLOGIST is a
_print_ journal, at least for the time being.  We will post selected
articles on the Electronic Newsstand and our WWW site from time to time,
but to receive complete issues you must subscribe to the print journal.

U.S. residents can subscribe to the journal by sending an e-mail message to
my address (ckaufman at access.digex.net) with the word "subscribe" in the
subject heading and your name and mailing address in the body of the
message.  You will be billed when you receive your first issue, but if
you are not satisfied you may cancel your subscription at any time and
receive a full refund on all unmailed issues.  Those outside the U.S. can
order by credit card by calling collect (410) 528-8555, or by faxing their
order (with credit card number and expiration date) to (410) 528-8596.

U.S. Rates:

Individual     $95
In-training    $45
Institutions   $130

Subscribers outside the U.S please add $30 for surface mail delivery and
$45 for air mail.

For those interested, I have also attached a list of forthcoming review
article topics that will appear in the journal to the bottom of this
message.  Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Cara S. Kaufman
Publisher, The Neurologist
William & Wilkins

FORTHCOMING REVIEW ARTICLE TOPICS:

Pregnancy-related Cerebral Abscess

Nitric Oxide

Epidemiological Principles

Neurologic Complications of Chemotherapy

The Genetics of Alzheimers

Neurologic Deficits and Migraine

Epilepsy in the Elderly

Neurologic Complications of Bone Marrow Transplants

Suicide in Neurologic Disease

Syphilis

Blood Brain Barrier

Jewish Medical Ethics

Management of Immune-Mediated Illnesses

Neurotrophic Factors and Neurologic Disease

The Difference Between Dementia and Normal Aging

Locomotion and Recovery of Motor Control

Shunt Management

Focal Cortical Degenerations

Psychiatric Sequelae of Stroke

Hepatic Encephalopathy

Ventilation in ALS Patients

Axonal Transport

Fluid Management and SAH

Workperson's Compensation Issues

MRI Findings in Meningeal Disease

Sports Neurology

Driving and Neurological Illnesses

Complications of Manipulation

Practical Considerations in Brain Tumor Management

Pathophysiology of Stroke

Spinal Cord Mass

Chronic Motor Neuropathy

Surgery and Cervical Spine Disease

Immobility and Infection - A Practical Review

Intracranial Hemorrhage/Thrombolysis

Neurobiology of Depression

Magnetic Resonance Angiography

Neurological Effects of Drugs and Drug Abuse