olfactory modeling

Jerry Clayton claytonj at essex.hsc.colorado
Tue Apr 4 01:46:28 EST 1995

In article <ahoffma1-3103951932400001 at mac05.marylyona.swarthmore.edu>
Aaron Hoffman, ahoffma1 at cc.swarthmore.edu writes:

In your quest for information on the olfactory system and how the
olfactory
nerves, bulb and cortex process stimuli I would suggest getting ahold of
a text
that was edited (and contributed to) by Tom Finger and Wayne Silver a few
years
ago.  I don't recall the title (the book is in my office) but you can
likely
get your local university library or bookstore to look it up for you.
The book
deals strictly with the olfactory system.  You could also contact Dr.
Finger at
the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in the Dept. of
Cellular and
Structural Biology.  Dr. Finger is the director of the Rocky Mountain
Taste and
Smell Center.  It is an interesting area of research, good luck with your
endeavors.
P.S. If you cant locate the book drop me a line via e-mail and I'll
gladly look
up the specifics.

Jerry Clayton, PhD
Dept. Neurology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Denver, Colorado

e-mail:  claytonj at essex.hsc.colorado.edu