Brain stem questions

Don DeGracia 72662.1335 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Apr 8 00:42:36 EST 1995

Hello!

I have a couple questions about the
brain stem:

1.

Given that there is a functional asymmetry
to the cerbral hemispheres, I was wondering if
anybody knows if there is an asymmetry to
the ascending brain stem pathways that feed
into the higher brain centers (i.e. the
serotonergic, dopaminergic, and noradrenergic)?

2.  The locus ceruleus has two major inputs:
     a. the nucleus paragiganticocellularis
   and
     b. the nucleus hypoglossi prepositus

both a and b are brain stem nuclei.  My question
is, what are the inputs (afferents) to these two nuclei?

Any leads towards answering these questions will be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Don DeGracia