Dizziness

Rachael A. Walton RWALTON at BERNIE.NGC.PEACHNET.EDU
Tue Apr 11 15:13:28 EST 1995

Hello.

I am a second year Physical Therapy graduate student in the lovely
foothills of the North Georgia mountains.  I am currently working on
my thesis project which involves dizziness.

I am attempting to correlate a subjective measure of dizziness with
the amount of balance and/or mobility dysfunction in persons
reporting symptoms of dizziness. I have found the Dizziness Handicap
Inventory developed by Jacobson and Newman in 1990; however, this
assessment tool was designed to be used for persons suffering from
vestibular disorders. I do not want to limit my study to vestibular
disorders.

Does any one know of a valid assessment tool for quantifing patient
reported dizziness? Any help would be greatly appreciated and can be
sent to me at RWALTON at .bernie.ngc.peachnet.edu.

Thanks for your time.

Rachael A. Walton
Graduate Physical Therapy Student
North Georgia College
Internet: RWALTON at bernie.ngc.peachnet.edu
Postal: PO Box 592, Dahlonega, GA  30533
Voice: (706) 864-4998