Cortical localization

Kalman Rubinson rubinsnk at is2.nyu.edu
Wed Apr 12 11:04:08 EST 1995

Laurie J. Lundy-Ekman (lundyekl at PACIFICU.EDU) wrote:
: Now that we have a sensorimotor cortex (rather than primary motor and
: somatosensory areas), do we still have secondary cortical areas? Do we
: still call the area posterior to the postcentral gyrus secondary
: somatosensory, or is there a more current term?  Thanks!

1.  Sensorimotor cortex is not a new term and doesn't mean that the
cortex on the two side of the central sulcus are the same.
2.  Yes, they are still called secondary.  Until we get something better.

Kal