A. Damasio's book Descartes' Error

Tiago Vaz Maia [gpl] tvm at fct.unl.pt
Thu Apr 13 16:03:12 EST 1995

Hi neuropeople!

	I have read Antonio Damasio's book "Descartes' Error: Emotion, Reason and
the Human Brain" and would like to see some discussion about it. Has anybody out there read
it?

	Some of the issues I would like to consider are:

	- How speculative do you find the book to be and how far do you believe the
hypotheses are scientifically grounded?
	- Do you believe the book raises interesting questions? Has interesting answers?
Interesting speculations? None of these?
	- Do you know of additional work that goes in the same direction as that attempted in
this book?

	These are just very general issues on which I would like to have your opinion.
They might perhaps work as starting points. Any deeper discussion on particular or general
topics will also be appreciated.
	Hope anyone has read this book and is interested on discussing it.
	Thanks and bye,

		Tiago.