Negative ion therapy for depression / anxiety / fatigue

Daniel F. Bossut dfb at med.unc.edu
Fri Apr 14 16:23:42 EST 1995

In article <3mlube$o3t at newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
DanielS222 <daniels222 at aol.com> wrote:
>On 2/14/95 CBS Evening News with Connie Chung, Dr. Bob Arnot did a story
>about negative ions and their effect on mood.  They talked about a study
>done at Columbia University where exposure to a high density negative ion
>generator was as effective in treating winter depression as medication.
> [snip]
>research, I found that negative ion generators are not only therapeutic
>for winter depression, but also have shown to be useful for regular
>depression, anxiety, irritability, etc.  So I purchased a small, high
>density generator and it has given me substantial relief from my symptoms.
[snip]
Quite interesting indeed! There are also studies showing increase in
arousal and learning abilities in normal and autistic children!

Negative ions have also a variety of effects which don't seem to be
explain only by human mind satifaction:

Under negative ion environement, rats developped less stomac ulcers,
[Deleanu & Bordas, Rom.J.Intern.Med. 1991, 29:215-20] and get less
analgesic (!!!) from a low dose of morphine [Beardwood & Jordi,
Bioelectromagnetics, 1990, 11:207-12]

Ask me if you are interested in buying an ionizer.

Daniel Bossut, DVM, PhD