Neuronal plasticity/learning & memory?

Hannah Dvorak DvorakH at starbase1.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 14 17:40:11 EST 1995

In article <812212050wnr at salam.demon.co.uk>, jawad at salam.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a finalist studying biochemistry and neurobiology in particular.
> Could someone please explain to me the current understanding of the
> molecular mechanisms responsible for neuronal plasticity and  also to
> what extent do they account for learning and memory. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
>
> Jawad
>
> --
> | jawad salam    EMail jawad at salam.demon.co.uk

I'm not sure what a "finalist" is, but, as a graduate student in
neurobiology having recently passed my qualifying exams for Ph.D.
candidacy, let me assure you that you'll learn a lot more by looking up
the material yourself.  I'm sure you can find some good reviews in TINS,
or perhaps in Neuron or J. Neurosci.  There are also plenty of textbooks
out there for a more basic introdution.

Good luck!

- Hannah

--
Hannah Dvorak                           |
DvorakH at starbase1.caltech.edu           |