Syringomyelia information

James Little jwl128 at u.washington.edu
Sun Apr 16 15:59:51 EST 1995

	MRI readily demonstrates cysts or syrinxes in the spinal cord but
serial MRI does not readily distinguish cysts or syrinxes which are
producing ongoing neurologic decline from those which are not producing
ongoing neurologic decline.  Other neurophysiologic measures are needed
to monitor the neurologic status of syringomyelia patients.