Dizziness, again

Rachael A. Walton RWALTON at BERNIE.NGC.PEACHNET.EDU
Thu Apr 20 16:36:57 EST 1995

About two or three weeks ago, I sent out the below note and received a
couple of responses.  Unfortunately, however, something went crazy
with

the computer and the messages evaporated. If the persons could send a
copy of their note, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.
Rachael.

> I am a second year Physical Therapy graduate student in the lovely
> foothills of the North Georgia mountains.  I am currently working on
> my thesis project which involves dizziness.
>
> I am attempting to correlate a subjective measure of dizziness with
> the amount of balance and/or mobility dysfunction in persons
> reporting symptoms of dizziness. I have found the Dizziness Handicap
> Inventory developed by Jacobson and Newman in 1990; however, this
> assessment tool was designed to be used for persons suffering from
> vestibular disorders. I do not want to limit my study to vestibular
> disorders.
>
> Does any one know of a valid assessment tool for quantifing patient
> reported dizziness? Any help would be greatly appreciated and can be
> sent to me at RWALTON at .bernie.ngc.peachnet.edu.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Rachael A. Walton
Graduate Physical Therapy Student
North Georgia College
Internet: RWALTON at bernie.ngc.peachnet.edu
Postal: PO Box 592, Dahlonega, GA  30533
Voice: (706) 864-4998