Craving salt

SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU
Thu Apr 20 09:02:53 EST 1995

In article <3mok1l$i8d at ns1.faseb.org>
kathy at ns1.faseb.org (King Kathy) writes:

>       Does anyone know why someone would CONSTANTLY, year
>       after year, crave salt and salty foods? It seems very
>       bizarre. I've heard that infants supposedly crave salt
>       but have nothing to back that up. Any ideas?
>       -Kathy King
There has been a lot of research in this area, concentrating on the
brain centers controlling salt appetite. Check out research on the
circumventricular organs and salt appetite.

TIM SHICKLEY
SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU
-----------------------STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY-----------------