postdoctoral fellowship open
gkkostop at upatras.gr
Sat Apr 22 03:37:09 EST 1995
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position - --
- supported by
the European Union Program:
Human Capital and Mobility,
- to investigate changes in thalamocortical excitability
in epilepsy using electrophysiological techniques
in rat brain slices.
- The particular project conducted in the laboratory of
Dr. G. Kostopoulos at the University of Patras/ Greece
is part of a group effort with prominent laboratories in
Paris, Berlin, Milan and Strasbourg
on the general theme of
GENELARIZED EPILEPSIES :
AND ONTOGENETIC ASPECTS.
- Position available immediately.
- Duration of support : 18-24 months.
- The qualified applicant should be a citizen of any EU
country (including Austria, Finland and Sweden)
have a Ph.D. degree
and experience in intracellular recording techniques.
Knowledge of Greek language is not required as all
members of the Dept. of Physiology speak English.
- The support follows the standards of the HCM and
includes travelling to meetings and co-operation with
the other partners of the project team.
- Send application with CV and names of 3 referees to :
Professor George Kostopoulos, M.D., Ph.D.
Physiology Dept., Medical School, University of Patras,
261 10 Greece, phone :+30 61-992389, 997667,
fax : 30 61-997215,
e-mail : gkkostop at uopvax.upatras.gr
More information about the Neur-sci