Artificial Neural Nets

Edgar Link elynk at ios.com
Sun Apr 23 01:39:29 EST 1995

Daniel Rabinovitch (drabinov at cs.cornell.edu) wrote:
: I am an undergraduate in Computer Science, intending to
: go to graduate school in that field, when I suddenly realized
: that I would rather study nature (perform Science) than
: the artifacts of mankind (perform Engineering).

: I am wondering to what extent the neurobiology/psychology
: communities (as opposed to comp sci/ ee) view the study
: of Artificial Neural Nets as useful way to study neural
: functionality.  That is, are artificial neural network interesting
: from a scientific perspective, or only that of an engineer?

: With Much Thanks,

: Dan Rabinovitch

--
-----
"Hands are for shaking, not tying...No, not tying." -- Soundgarden