Artificial Neural Nets

x011 at Lehigh.EDU x011 at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Apr 25 08:30:52 EST 1995

In article <3ngtbp$pgs at news.tuwien.ac.at>, e8627164 at fbma.tuwien.ac.at (Otto Hain
zl) writes:
>Daniel Rabinovitch (drabinov at cs.cornell.edu) wrote:
>I think the flow is from natural NN's to artificial NN's but never back.
>This means that the artificial neuronal networks are modeled after there
>natural counterpart but not for giving feedback on the research done there.
>Same with genetic algorithms.
>
>Otto

I would hope NOT.  Isolation from research results from artificial
neuron networks would only slow down research results from natural
neuronal networks.  The world is not naturally divided into subjects
that we study.  The problem is that there is so much to learn that no
one can know it all.  Watch the PBS series on Connections and you
quickly realize that you want to keep your data base wide to alert
yourselves to possibilities in your own field.  Ron Blue x011 at lehigh.edu