MS CONFERENCE Reg. Deadline May 15

irc at III.NET irc at III.NET
Mon Apr 24 19:37:26 EST 1995

 ***********************************
               ADVANCES

                IN THE

       DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT

                  OF

         MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS

             NATIONAL
             MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
             SOCIETY
         (Massachusetts Chapter)

  International Research Communications

   >>REGISTRATION DEADLINE  MAY 15, 1995<<

  The exponential growth in our knowledge
  of multiple sclerosis has led to exciting
  new diagnostic and treatment
  methodologies.  This program brings
  together the most prominent scientists
  from both clinical and basic research set-
  tings to discuss current progress in the
  diagnosis and treatment of multiple
  sclerosis.  Topics covered at this conference
  will provide a comprehensive survey of
  specific laboratory and clinical issues
  within the context of four broad sessions;
  novel diagnostic procedures, experimental
  animal models, leukocyte trafficking and
  specific treatments.

  This conference will be of interest to re-
  searchers and physicians involved in the
  study of multiple sclerosis, autoimmune
  diseases and other neuroimmunological
  disorders.  The program is designed to
  encourage interaction between clinicians
  and basic researchers.  The laboratory re-
  search and clinical findings presented at this
  conference will help to form the basis for
  new diagnostic and treatment strategies
  into the next century.

  KEYNOTE ADDRESS
  Dr. Abul K. Abbas, Harvard Medical School

  DIAGNOSIS AND COURSE OF MS
  Dr. John F. Kurtzke, VAMC, Washington DC (chair)
  Dr. William A. Sibley, University of Arizona
  Dr. Gary Birnbaum, University of Minnesota
  Dr. Donald W. Paty, University of British Columbia

  EXPERIMENTAL MODELS OF MS
  Dr. Stephen D. Miller, Cleveland Clinic Foundation (chair)
  Dr. William J. Karpus, Northwestern University
  Dr. Vijay Kuchroo, Harvard Medical School
  Dr. Arthur A. Vandenbark, VAMC, Portland, Oregon
  Dr. Caroline Whitacre, Ohio State University

  LEUKOCYTE TRAFFICKING IN MS AND EAE
  Dr. Richard M. Ransohoff, Cleveland Clinic Foundation (chair)
  Dr. Bruce D. Trapp, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
  Dr. William F. Hickey, Dartmouth Medical School
  Dr. Mariano Elices, Cytel Corporation
  Dr. Donald E. Staunton, ICOS Corporation

  SPECIFIC TREATMENTS FOR MS
  Dr. Anthony T. Reder, University of Chicago (chair)
  Dr. Robert Knobler, Thomas Jefferson University
  Dr. Jeffrey A. Cohen, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
  Dr. John H. Noseworthy, Mayo Clinic
  Dr. Howard L. Weiner, Harvard Medical School

  For more information about the conference
  and how to register, please call International
  Research Communications at (617) 489-0443
  or (800) 495-1073 or send E-mail to

                 IRC at iii.net