Info needed: stress and epilepsy

Kevin Hellman kevin at
Wed Apr 26 09:33:23 EST 1995

pmgrossi at (GROSSI) wrote:
>	I was wondering if anyone has information/useful citations on research
>pertaining to a causal link between psychological stress and epilepsy.  I am
>particularly interested in stress-induced neurochemical systems of
>epileptogenesis and the role of stress in inducing temporal lobe epilepsy.

Try this: Stress and Glucorticoids affect the expression of brain-derived
Neurotrophic Factor and Neurotrophin-3 mRNAs in the Hippocampus.  Smith,
Makino, Kventnansky and Post.  Journal of Neuroscience, March 1995 volume 5 pp:
KEVIN HELLMAN		kevin at
LAB: (608)-265-5343     University of Wisconsin
                        Neurology & Neural Simulation