Suprafusion apparatus

Ian Musgrave IAN-MU at med.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 24 11:47:43 EST 1995

In article <3nctj1$olc at newsbf02.news.aol.com> wisey at aol.com (WiseY) writes:
>From: wisey at aol.com (WiseY)
>Subject: Re: Suprafusion apparatus
>Date: 23 Apr 1995 02:54:25 -0400

>"MJ Duggan" <sgex400 at sghms.ac.uk> writes on 18 Apr 1995 11:58:45 asks:

>does anybody out there do suprafusion of cells in culture or
>tissue preps to study the release of neurotransmitters etc.?

[ Stuff about _in vivo_ experiments snipped]

Having missed the original post (I think our newsfeed has problems) I don't
know if there was more to the message. However,  I think M J Duggan is
interested in _in vitro_ studies of neurotransmitter release (eg. supra fusion
of slices of brain, heart or other tissues]. Our lab has extensive experience
in this area). We use a home made superfusion apparatus for
this purpose, which is adapted from one originally set up to study cultured
sympathetic nerves. There are also commercially available devices for such
studies. We study the release of noradrenaline, dopamine and acetylcholine.
These techniques can also be modified to study excitatory amino acids.

MJ Duggan, due to my newsfeed droping your original message I don't know what
you wish to find out. If you would post or mail you original query, possibly
with some more detail on the tissue you are using/would like to use I
would be glad to help.

Cheers! Ian
Ian Musgrave at med.monash.edu.au
Neuroscientist who is completely unable to isolate hippocampal cell bodies