extracellular

Adam Le Halberstadt sunrise at brahms.udel.edu
Thu Apr 27 00:15:33 EST 1995

I am currently planning on conducting an experiment that will use
tungsten-in-glass microelectrodes to record extracellularly from turtle
retinal ganglion cells.  I have the following questions: 1)If you have
experience manufacturing these electrodes, how hard/expensive was it to
make them? 2)How long can I expect to hold the cells, and how hard is it
to find them?  Using intracellular micropipetes, we can keep the cells
for 2-15 minutes, but I need them for at least 30-45 min.  3)How much
amplification should I use?  I have been told that 100x creates too much
noise, and that I should use 10x.   Any help is appreciated.
	Adam Halberstadt
	Sunrise at brahms.udel.edu