Naloxone & Neophobia

moorej at moorej at
Wed Apr 26 19:53:39 EST 1995

In article <3n3i91$mum at engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM>, wnelson at Eng.Sun.COM (Will Nelson) writes:
> David at (David Longley) writes:
>>Can anuyone tell me if NALOXONE is used medically? If so, and anyone has any
>>personal experience (as a recipient or observer) please let me know.
> Naloxone is used medically in the treatment of opiate overdoses.
> Naltrexone is usually preferred because of its longer duration
> of action. In either case, they can reverse the respiratory
> depression, which is the usual cause of death in overdoses.
> Administration of these drugs to non-dependent humans
> doesn't really do too much.
> --
> Will Nelson
> Release Engineering
> SunSoft
> wnelson at

Naltrexone is sometimes used in the treatment of some forms of autism.

Bill Moore, Ph.D.   **   Dept. of Psychology   **   Marshall University
400 Hal Greer Blvd. **   Huntington, WV 25755  **   304-696-2776
e-mail-> bmoore%mupsy1 at  OR moorej at  **  W5IMJ
Vist my WebSpot at:
Marshall U. Psyshology Home Page:

Blood is the movie life runs on.  D. Van Vliet, 1972.