6-OHDA & DSP-4

David Longley David at longley.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 08:44:57 EST 1995

In article <stephan-1804952202050001 at modem0-h.lifesci.ucla.edu>
           stephan at psych.ucla.edu "Stephan Anagnostaras" writes:

> In article <798225072snz at longley.demon.co.uk>, David at longley.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
> > Is anyone out there still doing any work with these neurotoxins with an aim
> > to understanding the role which CNS monoamines play in behaviour? Are there
> > any new catecholamine neurotoxins? Has anyone come up with a selective
> > Dopaminergic neurotoxin (like DSP-4 is for NA of Locaus Coeruleus origin)?
>
> Sure I have done lots of this kind of stuff.

I'd be interested to know what behavioural effects you have observed. I worked
as an MRC PhD student at the National Institute got Medical Research in London
between 1979  and  1983. I used 6-OHDA  and DSP-4. The results  I did get were
pretty unimpressive (yet the HPLC assays sugested very good lesions. Are there
any *new* ideas about what the monoamines are doing - apart from *everything*!

--
David Longley