Memory and DNA

Joseph J. Strout strout at helmholtz
Thu Apr 27 18:11:36 EST 1995

On 26 Apr 1995, Bierme2 wrote:

> I have a question about dna and memory. I am not a doctor so my knowledge
> I would appreciate it if somebody out there knows if there is any research
> being done in this area and if there is documentation.  I have an armchair

There is an article in the latest CELL, in which a mutation in a
drosophila (fruit fly) gene produced flies which could learn and remember
a task after only one trial, compared to the ten trials required in
normal flies.  I apologize for not having the reference handy.

|    Joseph J. Strout		Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |
|    jstrout at ucsd.edu		http://sdcc3.ucsd.edu/~jstrout/    |