postdoctoral position

ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU
Sun Apr 30 15:52:17 EST 1995

A postdoctoral position is available in my laboratory in the areas of
neurotrophic factor receptors, signal transduction and terminal
differentiation of neural cells lines.  Our studies include the structure
of receptors, the roles of individual signal transduction pathways and
the connection between neuronal differentiation and cell proliferation.
My laboratory is located at the Worcester Foundation which offers a
pleasant, relaxed atmosphere in a pretty suburban town near Boston.
We are particularly eager to recruit a recent Ph.D. who would be eligible
for a Neuroscience Training Grant recently awarded to the
Worcester Foundation (American citizenship or Permanent Resident).
The starting time is flexible.  Some recent publications from our
laboratory include:

Timm et al. 1994.  Circular dichroism studies of the interaction
between four neurotrophins and the extracellular domain of the low
affinity neurotrophin receptor.  Protein Sci. 3, 451-458.

Loy et al.  1994.  Immunocytochemical localization of the TrkA high
affinity NGF receptor in rat brain: evidence for bidirectional axonal
transport.  Exp. Neurol. 130, 377-386.

Poluha et al. 1995.  TrkA neurogenic receptor regulates differentiation
of neuroblastoma cells. Oncogene 10, 185-189.

Wolf et al. 1995.  Interaction with TrkA immobilizes gp75 in the
high-affinity nerve growth factor receptor.  J. Biol. Chem. 270,
2133-2138.

If you are interested, please, let me know and I will be glad to give
you further information.

Alonzo H. Ross			Tel:  (508) 842-8921, ext. 314
Worcester Foundation		FAX:  (508) 842-9632
222 Maple Ave.			ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU
Shrewsbury, MA 01545