Intermittant Short Term Memory Loss

Bill Meade sbmeade at umslvma.umsl.edu
Sat Apr 29 09:53:09 EST 1995

Estelle,

Thanks for your time and concern in posting on my Beth's memory loss.
I'll briefly answer your questions (via the back channel) send the other
questions/answer I've received in case you are interested and they help.

>Has the neurologist discussed transient ischemic attacks (this is not a
>typical presentation but worth asking about).

I don't know.  I will ask and post an answer later.  Beth is compiling a
list of every attack (they seem to be severe vs. minor and take place
while sleeping vs. awake) and her symptoms at the time, from her diaries.

>Is your wife takilng any
>medications (eg a tranquilizer once in  while, etc), does she drink
>alcohol, use any "recreational drugs"?

Only birth control pills.  No tranquilizers around, she's been on the
wagon (never drinks alcohol) all her life, no rec.drugs ever in the
picture.

>Anyone else who is biologically related to her with same symptoms?

Not that we know of.

The one question I have is whether my job stress could be causing this?