aspirin & fetal development

lmiller at indyvax.iupui.edu lmiller at indyvax.iupui.edu
Sun Apr 30 13:32:16 EST 1995

While researching seasonality of birth in schizophrenia, I came across some
info relating prenatal aspirin to possible later brain dysfunction (ie,
schizophrenia).  Their reasoning was that the anticoagulant effects of
aspirin could cause minor fetal cerebral hemorrhages.

My question is whether any studies have clearly shown that prenatal exposure
to aspirin has any long-lasting effects?  More women are taking aspirin/
other anticoagulants now during pregnancy to prevent autoimmune related
complications.  Anyone know the effects of this?

Thanks!
P.S.  Feel free to be technical.....I have my neuro test on Friday, and
should know it all by then :)