Agatoxin and P-type voltage-sensitive calcium channels

Jon Stamford j.stamford at lhmc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 2 06:11:16 EST 1995

We are conducting some experiments at the moment looking at the involvement of various types of
voltage-sensitive calcium channel on transmitter release. We have already looked at L, N and T
channel antagonists. Now we want to block P channels. The only selective antagonist I can find is
omega-agatoxin. Unfortunately I cannot find a supplier. Also I understand that the stuff is
ferociously expensive. Can anyone give me the address (street or electronic) of a supplier. Also
does anyone know if it is irreversible or not. Finally, does anyone know of  alternatives to
agatoxin that are selective but cheaper? Any hep would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon