URGENT: NutraSweet(tm) Destroys Usenet!!!!

Rifle River jstream at girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 2 10:41:53 EST 1995

In article <3vlmf5$cue at news.acns.nwu.edu>, jkh141 at nwu.edu (Jody K. Hirsh)
wrote:
                 please

> My guess is that  your headaches were the result of consuming excess
> CAFFEINE in the diet Coke, and/or hypoglycemic from not eating enough.

If you really want something to make noise about you should look at the
data regarding how caffeine can affect blood pressure in low doses in some
individuals and can induce seizures in extremely high doses.  These are
just some of the effects of caffeine.  Can anyone make some reasonable
conclusions why a drug this dangerous is so easily obtainable?  I thought
so.  One reason - these side effects usually only show up in people who
drop a whole box (or more) of caffeine pills all at once.

Let's gain some perspective.

If you really want to make noise about dangerous food products you should
check out the data on ethanol.  Did you know that alcohol is the leading
cause of all adult onset epilepsy? in addition to its other effects.

You may have missed the real killers... :->

Rifle River
jstream at girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu