URGENT: NutraSweet/MENTHANOL/TRUTH

John M. Vogel jvogel at crl.com
Thu Aug 3 01:27:41 EST 1995

Betty Martini (betty at noel.pd.org) wrote:
: John:  Methanol is a narcotic!

: Here is the reference:

: Louis, R.J.  Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials, Eighth
: Edition, New York:  Van Nostrand Reinhold (1992) pp.2251-2252

: Many people have told me Diet Coke is addicting!

Is that an authoritative reference source?  Just because it's quoted
doesn't mean it's true.  And please quote the context of this reference.
Perhaps it might have narcotic properties, but that does not define it as
a narcotic per se.  Also, not all narcotics are as addictive as others.
"Narcotic" is only a general label - it doesn't necessarily mean what you
are implying.  Matter of fact, I just looked it up in Webster's 3rd
edition (College) - Narcotic can also be defined as something that has a
soothing, numbing or dulling effect.

John
jvogel at crl.com