Agatoxin and P-type voltage-sensitive calcium channels

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Fri Aug 4 09:03:03 EST 1995

I know Isabella Mintz of Boston University uses this stuff..(agatoxin)

try phoning at 617-638-4300 (main office for Boston Univ. Dept of
Pharmacology)

they will put you through to her.

Martin

alex taylor (ataylor at superior.carleton.ca) wrote:
: In article <3vnmgk$1v6 at epsilon.qmw.ac.uk>,
: Jon Stamford  <j.stamford at lhmc.ac.uk> wrote:
: >We are conducting some experiments at the moment looking at the involvement of various types of
: >voltage-sensitive calcium channel on transmitter release. We have already looked at L, N and T
: >channel antagonists. Now we want to block P channels. The only selective antagonist I can find is
: >omega-agatoxin. Unfortunately I cannot find a supplier. Also I understand that the stuff is
: >ferociously expensive. Can anyone give me the address (street or electronic) of a supplier. Also
: >does anyone know if it is irreversible or not. Finally, does anyone know of  alternatives to
: >agatoxin that are selective but cheaper? Any hep would be much appreciated.
: >
: >Thanks
: >
: >Jon
: >

: 	Doesn't FTX also block P-channels? I believe Alamone labs will sell
: you just about any toxin, but sadly I have no current address. I know they
: sell a calcium channel screening kit.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"