URGENT: NutraSweet/MENTHANOL/TRUTH

R. Urban a#urban at ccmail.ceco.com
Fri Aug 4 14:47:27 EST 1995

bretwood at cs.uoregon.edu (Joseph Bret Wood) wrote:
>In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.950803113332.6088D-100000 at noel.pd.org>,
>Betty Martini  <betty at noel.pd.org> wrote:
>>
>>Merck Index: Tenth Edition: 5816: Methanol:  Methyl alcohol..wood >>alcohol...
>>"Poisoning may occur from ingestion, inhalation or percutaneous
>>absorption.  Acute Effects:  Headache, fatigue, nausea, visual >>impairment
>>or complete blindness (may be permanently), acidosis,
>>convulsions..respiratory failure, death.  Death from ingestion of less
>>than 30 ml. has been reported. .."
>>
>>That's very interesting since this is what we see with aspartame, and I
>>for one don't want methanol in my food and drink or body.  Yes, it is a
>>solvent, and thats what it should be used for not added for food.
>
>I've been trying to stay calm with all of the stupid crap flying around >on
>this subject, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts in the thread.
>(snip)

If it's not anything you've experienced, then what do you care? WHy would
you even bother with the thread then?

I have experienced problems from consuming Nutrasweet that went away when
I stopped eating it, then then came back when I started taking it again
and which consequently went away when I stopped. Plus, several other
times by mistakenly consuming something that I didn't know had Nutrasweet
in it!!!!

Forget all the logic of the debate for a moment. Why don't YOU take mass
amounts of it for 90 days and note how you feel? Record all headaches,
forgetfulness, aches and pains, weird attitudes and other uncomfortable
sensations. Then, don't eat ANYTHING with NutraSweet in it for the next
90 days.