NutraSweet

Thor Eysteinsson thoreys at rhi.hi.is
Sat Aug 5 19:45:38 EST 1995

In <DCu9EL.C8y.0.queen at torfree.net> bq705 at torfree.net (Raymond P. Young) writes:

>Is it at possible that A news group for those interested in NutraSweet
>and related topics could be started up?
>This discussions in this area are become very far removed from Neuro- or
>any other form of science.  Anecdotal studies just don't cut it.  If we
>told everyone that eating white bread was the common cause of the common
>cold, and then received reports from cold sufferers who eat white bread,
>the findings wouldn't not be interesting at all - we certainly wouldn't
>expect to seem them published in Nature, Neuroscience, Lancet, JAMA, etc.
>(yes, I know there are typos, big deal).

>Raymond P. Young, PhD (Kinesiology)

Sorry, I meant to propose some sugggestions on the subject in my previous
response to this, but forgot. I think the thing to do, besides ignoring
this rubbish is to post occassionally a little (or a big) joke, friendly
advice about life in general, such as " get a life", gossip, stories
about your cat, the latest weather situation in your location at the
moment (it is NOT raining in Reykjavik right now), etc. every time you
see a thread with "Nutrasweet" in its heading. Cheers,

Thor Eysteinsson PhD
Dept of Physiology.