URGENT: NutraSweet/MENTHANOL/TRUTH

Nexus 9000 n9k at mal.utexas.edu
Sun Aug 6 21:48:24 EST 1995

>In article <403b0k$emf at parsifal.nando.net>, unidextr at parsifal.nando.net
>says...
>>This is nothing but a (weak) correlation, a statistical measure of how
>>much
>>two factors vary together.  Although correlation enables prediction, it
>>does
>>NOT provide explanation.  Correlation does not imply causation.
>
>I get extremely large and itchy hives within minutes of ingesting yogurt or

I do not.  What is your point?

>any other cultured milk product, but I haven't mounted a campaign to have
>all of these products removed from the shelves of every retail refrigerator
>in the world.

Yes, it would be quite improbable for you to do that, however, if I enjoyed
this delicacy, I would be quite displeased with YOU for having it taken off
the shelf.

Why should anyone not allow me to eat an entire 50 gallon vat of lard for
breakfast?  The stuff is great, and I'm not infringing anyone else's rights.

>Maybe the elimination of them sweetened with NutraSweet(tm)
>would be the first step in such a campaign, but I would be the last person
>to want to deprive anyone else from enjoying something just because I react
>to it.

Again, what is your point?

--
     Nexus 9000