Machine for pc and macintosh that can read your mind (This is no a joke)

fgh fghfg at fgdfg
Mon Aug 7 16:05:47 EST 1995

I first saw this report on CNN on thursday and then again on their
WWW site.

The following is straight off of their WWW page.

BUT SOON YOU COULD BE USING YOUR MIND TO
CONTROL YOUR COMPUTER.
THAT'S RIGHT.
YOU WON'T NEED A JOYSTICK. AND YOU N'T NEED
A KEYBOARD...
ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR HEAD.
CNN'S GREG LEFEVRE HAS THE STORY.

NINE-YEAR-OLD ASHLEY RACES DOWN THE
SLOPES.
HANDS OFF.
NO KEYBOARD.
NO JOYSTICK.
SHE SHUSHES LEFT AND RIGHT, CONTROLLING
THE GAME THROUGH A SENSOR ON HER
FINGERTIP THAT IS READING HER MIND.
A NEW COMPUTER PERIPHERAL CALLED "MIND
DRIVE" READS HER BRAIN WAVES AND GUIDES
HER THROUGH THE FINISH LINE.

"IT'S SENSING THE ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY
GENERATED BY OUR THOUGHTS AS MEASURED
THROUGH OUR SKIN AND THERE'S A HUGE
NUMBER OF SIGNALS IN OUR SKIN."

INVENTOR RON GORDON PLACES A SENSOR
WITH COPPER PADS ON THE PLAYER'S FINGER.
THE BRAIN WAVES TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE
SKIN ARE PICKED UP IN A BOX OF CIRCUITS AND
CHIPS.
THE BOX CONVERTS THE WAVES INTO LEFT AND
RIGHT COMMANDS FOR THE GAME PLAYER.

"HOW DID I DO THAT? WELL, I SENT A SIGNAL TO
MY BRAIN -- AN INSTRUCTION TO DO THAT, OR ALL
THE WAY DOWN OR SPELL MY NAME. SO NOW
WERE TAKING THOSE SAME SIGNALS, WERE
INTERPETING THEM, TRANSLATING THEM AND
THEN WE'RE EXECUTING A INFINITE VARIETY OF
PROGRAMS FROM THEM."

GORDON'S GIZMO GOES RETAIL EARLY NEXT
YEAR WITH A DOZEN PLUS GAMES -- SOME
BARELY OFF THE DRAWING BOARDS.

"THIS IS CALLED "MIND MUSIC" AND THIS WILL
ENABLE YOU TO COMPOSE
MUSIC WITH YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR MOODS
AND YOUR EMOTIONS AND THEN CONDUCTE AN
ORCHESTRA WITH YOUR THOUGHTS. AND YOU'LL
MOVE YOUR THOUGHTS OVER TO THE STRING
AND THEY'LL PLAY"

LEARNING MIND DRIVE IS ASTONISHINGLY
SIMPLE.
THERE IS NO LEARNING, UNLIKE, CURSOR KEYS,
DESKTOP MICE OR TRACKBALLS.
IN THE FINAL PRODUCT THE SENSOR WILL BE
WIRELESS.
HOW MUCH?
ABOUT $100.
HOW SOON?
NEXT JANUARY, HE HOPES.
WHICH COMPUTERS?
ANY.
GORDON USES MAC AND PC'S.
THE MIND DRIVE WOULD APPLY TO ANY
COMPUTER USER WHO CANNOT PUNCH A
KEYBOARD OR MOVE A JOYSTICK.

"A CHILD THAT HAD CEREBRAL PALSY, SIX YEARS
OLD, COULDN'T DO ANYTHING, WATCHED HER
BROTHER PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND NOW SHE
WAS ABLE TO DO THE SAME THING AND
SUCCEED."

YOU CAN APPLY BODY ENGLISH ALL YOU WANT
BUT IT MAY NOT HELP.
GORDON SAYS THE MORE YOU RELAX, THE
BETTER YOU PERFORM.
NOW THERE'S A CONCEPT FOR THE FUTURE.
GREG LEFEVRE, CNN SAUSALITO, CALIFORNIA.
THAT'S IT.

Amazing, huh. If anybody knows more about this please post it!