URGENT: NutraSweet/MENTHANOL/TRUTH

Joseph Bret Wood bretwood at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 7 03:45:15 EST 1995

In article <DCsxn3.1Mx at ceco.ceco.com>,
R. Urban <a#urban at ccmail.ceco.com> wrote:

>If it's not anything you've experienced, then what do you care? WHy would
>you even bother with the thread then?

I was bitching about the stupidity of her chemical claims, not her anecdotal
"evidence" for 300 million nutrasweet related US deaths in the last two
years....

>Forget all the logic of the debate for a moment. Why don't YOU take mass
>amounts of it for 90 days and note how you feel? Record all headaches,
>forgetfulness, aches and pains, weird attitudes and other uncomfortable
>sensations. Then, don't eat ANYTHING with NutraSweet in it for the next
>90 days.

Well, when during my senior year at MIT, I averaged about 4 liters a day of
diet coke during the term.  And after I graduated I started drinking regular
coke instead.  Would that count?  One thing that people seem to be forgetting
(although some have mentioned it) is that most people get their largest
dose of nutrasweet from diet cola, and caffeine causes headaches, mental
disturbances, motor disturbances, withdrawl symptoms, etc.....

-Bret Wood
-bretwood at cs.uoregon.edu