Please Reply: brain-derived neurotrophic factor

Heather Corbett hcorbett at bisance.citi2.fr
Tue Aug 8 04:08:03 EST 1995

Tyrone N. Steer (tnsteer at interlog.com) wrote:
: Can anybody please pass on any information on, or as to where I can find
: information relating to, BDNF and its role in sensory neuron development in
:  the mammalian CNS.
: Also appreciated would be any information on it's possible treatments for
: spinal cord injuries.  Please include any diagrams/charts/pictures if at all
: possible.  This information can be sent to tnsteer at interlog.com or bh813@
: freenet.toronto.on.ca

You cqn look for articles from the early '90s by Robert Oppenheim (I think)
whose collaborators did a lot of work with regenerating spinal nerves
and BDNF/CNTF (ciliary neurotrophic factor) and I think perhaps NT3
(neurotrophin 3). This is a bit off the top of my head. I don't know
of any clinical studies yet but I think in '93 there wasa  paper in
Nature about preliminary studies in rat.

Good luck (and excuse the impreciseness)

Heather

(look in Current Contents of your library or any biological abstract
reference - Medline on computer would be the easiest but ask your
librarian to help)