Machine for pc and macintosh that can read your mind (This is no a joke)

Hawley K. Rising III rising at a.crl.com
Tue Aug 8 20:12:16 EST 1995

Tom Shafron (tshafron at students.wisc.edu) wrote:
: >Could you tell us what methods it does use?  Or is that information
: >proprietary?  I can't believe I would have missed seeing an article in
: >the major journals about such an advance.  If such a technique truly
: >exists, I know of _many_ researchers who would be trying to get their
: >hands on it for their studies of brain function, rather than "wasting"
: >their time with cruder methods like EEG or MRI or PET scans.

: I'm not sure exactly how it works, they are being very unspecific when I
: speak to them.  They tell me it involves complex algorithms, what ever
: that implies.  I would suggest calling them and getting information sent
: to you on the topic:
: The Other 90 Percent Technologies, Sausalito (415) 332-0433.

Whatever it implies it that the methodology is complicated, that's all.  An
algorithm is a method for doing something, a complex algorithm is one that
is complicated.  You really should bring some factual information to the table,
begging off on the complexity of the algorithm on a technical forum doesn't work.

: All I know of the company is that the founder is the ex-CEO of Atari, Ron
: Gordon, and that it is a brand new company.  I requested more information,
: when I get it I will post it immediately.

Please do.

: If anyone has more info PLEASE post it!

Together with the complexity, we can decide whether it can be understood.
My guess is that if they had such a thing, there should have been *some*
inkling of some of the algorithmic discoveries in the literature.  A lot of
sales/marketing fluff is generated around the mysterious word *algorithm*,
I can attest, as someone who writes (sometimes complex) algorithms
for a living, that the word is math/computing term for "method", and that's
all.

Hawley Rising
rising at a.crl.com