The flogging of long-dead horses....

Ian A. Paul, Ph.D. iapaul at fiona.umsmed.edu
Thu Aug 10 17:42:54 EST 1995

Folks, I've been unable to respond to the aspartame/seizures/vile and
horrible death thread.  However, I have been scanning it for the past
several days/weeks.  I would say that this horse has been thoroughly
flogged and probably will not recover.  Moreover, I would point out that
it is generally rather fruitless to engage in lengthy debates with the
deranged.  They generally aren't listening to your comments and when they
do, they apply their own special monomania to it.

Why don't we just let this one die or, as suggested by one poster,
continue the debate directly with B. Martini et al via e-mail.

Best to all,

Ian.

Ian A. Paul, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Neurobehavioral Pharmacology and Immunology
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Division of Neurobiology and Behavior Research
Box 127
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS  39216-4505
Tel.:  (601) 984-5883/5898
Fax.:  (601) 984-5884/5899

"Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
for a system of government!  Supreme executive authority derives from
a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!
I mean, if I went around saying I was an emporor because some moistened
bit had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away...."

                             - Dennis ("I'm 37, I'm not old!")
                               Monty Python and the Holy Grail