Anything on Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

Betty Martini betty at pd.org
Sun Aug 13 13:05:26 EST 1995

Dear Richard:  I'll try to answer your questions about the insulin growth
factor and BST.  Not a lot of people understand how cancer truly grows.
Mickey Mantle died last night.  His cancers seemed to grow at an
accelerated rate before the eyes of his doctor and family members.  When
cancer grows there is an accelerated growth of cells.  These cells grow so
quickly because the cancer always produces insulin-like growth factor.
Picture a volcano or a sparkler.  Something initiates the burning.  In
cells, something initiates the rapid growth.

We have observed IGF to be that initiator, both in vitro and in vivo.  To
my knowledge nobody has ever witnessed the birth of a cancer.  A cancer
is a mistake.  Many things cause cancer.  IGF does not cause cancer.  IGF
is not a carcinogen.  IGF promotes growth.  The body recognizes an
unusual cell.  Instead of destroying that cell, our immune systems
interrupt the growth process.  We literally place it in suspended
animation.  100 per cent of adults over the age of 50 (according to the
New York Times article) have thyroid tumors which have been controlled.
IGF, the powerful growth factor, lights the fuse.  IGF releases those
controls.  When scientists look closely at cancers they see enormous
amounts of IGF.  I believe that IGF initiates the process of the
enormous replication of cancerous cells.  IGF then continues to
aid in the rapid growth of that tumor.

Adults have enormous quantities of IGF naturally occurring in their
systems.  IGF is produced in saliva, by the liver and kidneys, thymus
lungs and other organs.  Naturally occurring IGF has an extremely short
half-life, a few milliseconds.  After that naturally occurring IGF is
either protelyzed or bound to IGF receptors and "deactivated".  IGF in
milk is protected by other factors.  The British (Mepham, Millstone, etc)
believe that casein is the protector.  Casein, will eventually be
digested or broken down by natural actions in the body.  I believe that
fat molecules protect IGF.  Homogenization produces micronized fat
molecules.  IGF is not protelyzed in milliseconds.  It circulates for
many seconds or minutes (I have no clue how long) and becomes systemic.
I believe that by the time the fat molecule has broken down, the IGF has
circulated to all cells and tissues.  The constant presence of IGF
increases the potential to promote growth of cells.  I have used the
sparkler analogy before.  Hold a match to a sparkler for one second
twenty times in a row and it wouldn't light.  The same sparkler might
ignite after two seconds.  A different sparkler might ignite after
one-half second.  Nobody can predict these things.  One thing is
certain.  The appropriate heat source applied to a fuel in the presence
of oxygen will produce fire.  The appropriate growth hormone when applied
to cells will promote growth.  This same growth hormone when applied to
abnormal cancer cells will also promote growth.  The tight genetic
controls which harness cancer may not be enough to control this growth
the second time around.

Every time there is a cancer, there is an extremely large amount of IGF
associated with that cancer.  Peripheral non-cancerous tissues and organs
do not contain the same high levels of IGF, just the cancer.

About diabetes:  IGF is not the culprit.  We are allergic to milk
proteins.  We are not allergic to IGF. IGF is a 70 amino acid which is
identical in bovines and humans.  Other milk proteins are "foreign
invaders" which promote a vast array of allergic reactions.  Sometimes
the proteins destroy the beta cells of the pancreas.  They destroy the
ability to create insulin.  Do not confuse IGF or BST with other milk
proteins which cause damage and are inappropriate for humans.

Norris - J. Endocrinology, 1994, July-Aug: 17(7), discovered a bovine
albumin peptide as a possible trigger of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.

Cheung - Scand-J-Immunol, 1994 Dec: 40 (6) 623-8 discovered that T cells
from children with Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus are sensitized to
bovine serum albumin.  Elevated levels of serum anti-bovine antibodies
were found in 28/31 children.

Miyazaki - Journal of Immunol. 1995, Feb 1; 154(3): 1461-9, found that 68
of 78 children had elevated bovine serum albumin antibody production
which the author explained as evidence of activation of T cell and anergy
to islet cell antigen.

I say again that the Government bought up billions of lbs of surplus
milk, spent $2 billion to kill 1.5 million cows.  It has made 9500 cows
sick that we know of.  It is an incredible health risk to the human race.
The public is rebeling because they don't want it.  Monsanto doesn't even
want to label it because they know the public won't buy it.  The only
advantage is profit for Monsanto.  On Thursday, August 17 protests on
rBGH will be held in major cities including Atlanta where Monsanto has
backed these "food disparagement laws" aimed as scare tactics against the
media so they won't even talk or write about it.  Here in Atlanta
Professor David Bederman (ACLU), an Emory Law Professor will discuss how
this is against free speech.  He says agribusiness and chemical company
lobbyists for these food disparagement bills know full well they are
unconstitutional.

This is also a protest against aspartame marketed as NutraSweet, Equal,
Spoonful, etc.  The late Dr. Adrian Gross, FDA toxicologist, told Congress
"Given the cancer causing potential of aspartame how would the FDA
justify its position that it views a certain amount of aspartame as
constituting an allowable daily intake or safe level of it?  Is that
position in effect not equivalent to setting a tolerance for this food
additive and thus a violation of that law?  And if the FDA itself elects
to violate the law, who is left to protect the health of the public?"

NutraSweet caused brain tumors, mammary tumors, ovarian tumors, etc.  The
Delaney Amendment makes it illegal to allow any residues of cancer
causing chemicals in foods.  Not only does aspartame cause cancer but it
changes the brain chemistry, the reason for triggering so many
neurological diseases and symptoms.  As Dr. H. J. Roberts (who wrote the
report on aspartame causing brain tumors that was peer reviewed) said at
an Alzheimers seminar recently:  The two amino acids in aspartame that
are neurotoxic, aspartic acid and phenylalanine, without the other amino
acids in protein go past the blood brain barrier and deteriorate the
neurons of the brain.  He said this in his opinion has accelerated
Alzheimers. The methyl ester in aspartame converts to methanol (a human
specific poison), then formaldehyde and then formic acid (ant sting poison).
The phenylalanine breaks down further into DKP, a brain tumor agent.

The FDA in April listed 10,000 complaints against aspartame and then said
they would no longer compile reports anymore.  I had to file with Freedom
of Information to get this one, they didn't want to release it!  They
admit to 92 documented symptoms from comas to death from this neurotoxin
masquerading as a sweetener.  No wonder many articles call it "Sweet Poison"!

The flawed tests on aspartame are incredible.  Dr. John Olney informed
Searle that Aspartic acid caused holes in the brains of mice he was
testing.  Ann Reynolds, a researcher hired by SEarle, confirmed Dr.
Olney's findings in a similar study.  A large Task Force was formed,
headed by FDA lead Investigator, Philip Brodsky.  Here are excerpts from
the conclusions of their summary:

"We have uncovered serious deficiencies in Searle's integrity in
conducting high quality animal research to accurately determine or
characterize the toxic potential of its products."

"We have found instances of irrelevant or unproductive animal research
where experiments have been poorly conceived, carelessly executed or
inaccurately analyzed or reported."  "The cumulative findings of problems
within and across the studies we investigated reveal a pattern of conduct
which compromised the scientific integrity of the studies."

Many of the test animals fed Aspartame developed large tumors.  These
tumors had then been cut out and the animals returned to the study.  In
several cases, animals that were reported as dead, were later reported as
alive again. (Bressler Study).

Senator Edward Kennedy stated that "the extensive nature of the almost
unbelievable range of abuses discovered by the FDA on several major
Searle products is profoundly disturbing."  Back in l977 the FDA formally
requested that U.S. Attorney, Samuel Skinner, conduct a Grand jury
investigation of the tests on NutraSweet.  Instead he went to work for
Sidley and Austin, who at the time were defending Searle in the
investigation!

In l980 a Public Board of Inquiry was impaneled.  The Board voted
unanimously to recommend banning aspartame for human consumption.

The monkeys given aspartame developed grand mal seizures.  And what
happened to those test animals is happening to the human race.

Yes Richard, I really meant what I said.  The people don't have a chance!
And now with the elevation of the insulin growth factor in BST we have
the "match"!  The spleens of lab animals were increased as much as 46%
denoting a pre-leukemic condition.  And then we have this freak amino
acid - Epsilon-N-Acetyllysine in place in lysine in the peptide chain.
Who knows what this will cause!

Monsanto bought Searle in 1985 - they have deep pockets and great power!
There was no way to stop their insanity because they "fund" Congress,
organizations and people they need to help them keep these poisons on the
market.  That's why there is MISSION POSSIBLE dedicated to the
proposition that we will not be satisfied until death and disability are
no longer considered an acceptable cost of business!  We go directly to
the people to warn them.  A lot of you people in Internet fight the
knowledge that may save your life!

Remember that these things I've mentioned about aspartame were brought
out in Congress, and people like Joyce Wilson who went blind and died
from aspartame was there pleading to save others, before she passed on.
Violations of the law meant nothing.  Congress did nothing.

Aspartame is called the "most tested product in history", and the "most
tested product in history" is a chemical poison!  BST can do nothing but
cause the population more harm.

Two RN's in Atlanta and one in Huntsville have told me the same thing:
"Cancer is exploding!"  Our warning to the public - do not use aspartame -
and do not drink the milk!

           Betty Martini     Operation Mission Possible

Betty Martini
Domain:  betty at pd.org
UUCP:  ...!emory!pd.org!betty