Adult stem cells?

john leonard jleon at tribeca.ios.com
Sun Aug 13 23:33:50 EST 1995

I recently got hold of the web page for Calgary, Canada, Sam Weiss, who did the research that
found that adult mammal brains contain stem cells that can be coaxed, in vitro, to mature into
neurons. Now, I know that at first this was done with mice, or rather rats, but didn't this
same team make a similar discovery, about a year later, for the human brain?. The web page only
says the embryonic human brain, but I seem to recall having seen something about the adult
human brain as well. If you can, please inform me.
                                                            Thank You,
                                                            John Leonard