Anything on Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

Betty Martini betty at noel.pd.org
Sun Aug 13 20:28:48 EST 1995

Dear Andy: As to references on the Insulin Growth Factor, perhaps the
following will help you:

Altered body composition and increased frequency of diverse malignancies
in insulin-like growth factor-II transgeic mice.  Rogler-CE; Yang-D;
Rossetti-L; Donohoe-J; Alt-E; Chang-CJ; Rosenfeld-R; Neely-K; Hintz-R
Marion Bessin Liver REsearch Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine,
Bronx, New York 10461 J-Biol-Chem. l994 May 13; 269 (19)

Regulation of endometrial cancer cell growth by insulin-like growth
factors and the luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone antagonist SB-75.
Kleinman-D; Roberts-CT Jr.; LeRoith-D; Schally-AV; Levy-J; Sharoni-Y
Clinical Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion
University of the Negev, Soroka Medical Center of Kupat Holim,
Beer-Sheva, Israel.  Regul-Pept. 1993 Oct 20; 48 (1-2) 91-8

Expression of insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) in human
hepatocellular carcinomas; an immunohistochemical study.  D'Errico-A;
Grigoni-WF; Fiorentino-M; Baccarini-P; Lamas-E; De-Mitri-S; Gozzetti-G;
Mancini-AM; Brechot-C  Institute of Pathological Anatomy, Univ. of
Bologna, Italy. Pathol-Int. 1994 Feb; 44(z): 131-7

Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor increases in aortic endothelial
cells from diabetic rats.  Kwok-CF; Ho-LT; Jap-TS  Department of
Medicine, Veterans General Hospital - Taipei, Republic of China.
Metabolism 1993 Nov; 42 (11); 1381-5

Effects of insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and IGF receptor antibodies
on the proliferation of human breast cancer cells.  De-Leon-DD;
Wilson-DM; Powers-M; Rosenfeld-RG  Department of Pediatric Endocrinology,
Stanford University Medical School, California 94305  Growth Factors.
1992; 6(4); 327-36

IGF receptor function and regulation in autocrine human neuroblastoma
cell growth.  Martin-DM; Singleton-JR; Meghani-MA; Feldman-EL  Department
of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Regul. Pept. 1993 Oct 20;
48 (1-2); 225-32

Growth regulation of human glioblastoma T98G cells by Insulin-like growth
factor-I and its receptor.  Ambrose-D; Resnicoff-M; Coppola-D; Sell-C;
Miura-M; Rubin-R; Jameson-S; Baserga-R, Department of Pathology,
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J-Cell-Physiol. 1994 Apr; 159 (1): 92-100

Insulin-like growth factor II mRNA, peptides, and receptors in a
thoracopulmonary malignant small round cell tumor, Nielsen-FC; Orskov-C;
Haselbacher-G; Ramlau-J; Rehfield-JF;  Christiansen-J; Schmiegelow-K,
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagan, Denmark.
Cancer 1994 Feb 15; 73 (4): 1312-9

Dominant negative inhibition of tumorigenesis in vivo by human
insulin-like growth factor I receptor mutant. Prager-D; Li-HL; Asa-S;
Melmed-S, Department of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -
University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Ca
90048 Proc-Natl-Acad-Sci-U-S-A. 1994 Mar 15; 91 (6): 2181-5

Human osteosarcoma (U-2 OS) cells express both insulin-like growth
factor-I (IGF-I) receptors and insulin-like growth
factor-II/Mannose-6-phosphate (IGF-II/M6P) receptors synthesize IGF-II;
autocrine growth stimulation by IGF-II via the IGF-I receptor.  Raile-K;
Hoflich-A; Kessler-U; Yang-Y; Pfuender-M; Blum-WF; Koib-H; Schwarz-HP;
Kiess-W  Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Children's Hospital,
University of Munich, Germany.  J-CellPhysiol. 1994 Jun; 159 (3): 531-41

The insulin-like growth factor-I/binding protein axis: physiology,
pathophysiology and therapeutic manipulation. Langford-KS; Miell-JP
Academic Department of Medicine, King's College School of Medicine and
Dentistry, London, UK Eur-J-Clin-Invest. 1993 Sept; 23 (9); 503-16

Trophic action of local intraileal infusion of insulin-like growth
factor-I; polyamine dependence. Olanrawaju-H; Patel-L; Sledel-ER
AM-J-Physiol. 263:E282-286 (1992)

Effects of dietary recombinant human insulin-like growth factor-I on
concentrations of hormones and growth factors in the blood of newborn
calves. Baumrucker-CR; Blum JW  Department of Dairy and Animal Science,
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa 16802, J-Endocrinol.
1994 Jan; 140 (1): 15-21

Effect of Luminal growth factor preservation on intestinal growth.
Playford-RJ; Woodman-AC; Clark-P; Watanapa-P; Williamson-RC; Vesey-D;
Deprez-PH; Calam-J  The Lancet, 2:843-848, 1993.

Free insulin-like growth factors (IGF-1 and IGF-II) in human serum.
Frysstyk-J; Skjaerbaek-C; Dinesen-B; Orskov-H  Institute of Experimental
Clinical Research, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark.  FEBS-Lett. 1994
July II; 348 (2): 185-91

The augmentation of insulin-like growth factor-I messenger fibronucleic
acid in cultured rat hepatocytes: activation of protein kinease-A and -C
is necessary, but not sufficient.  Kachra-Z; Yang-CR; Posner-BI
Polypeptide Hormone Laboratory, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal,
Quebec, Canada, Endocrinology 1994 Feb; 134 (2): 702-8

Insulin-like growth factors act synergistically with basic fibroblast
growth factor and nerve growth factor to promote chromaffin cell
proliferation.  Frodin-M; Gammeltoft-S, Department of Clinical Chemistry,
Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagan, Denmark. Proc-Natl-Acad-Sci-U-S-A. 1994
Mar 1; 91 (5): 1771-5

Lactogenic hormones and extracellular matrix regulate expression of IGF-I
linked to MMTV-LTR in mammary epithelial cells.  Romagnolo-D: Akers-RM;
Wong-EA; Boyle-PL; McFadden-TV, Byatt-JC: Turner-JD  Department of Dairy
Science, Virginia Ploytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg,
Va 24061-0315. Mol-Cell-Endocrinol. 1993 Oct; 96 (1-2):147-57

Identification of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) and glucose
transporter-I and -3 mRNA in CNS tumors.  Glick-RP; Unterman-TF;
Lacson-R  Department of Neurosurgery, University of Illinois at Chicago,
Cook County Hospital, 60612 Regul-pept. 1993 Octo 20: 48(1-2): 251-6

Alterations in serum levels of insulin-like growth factors and
insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in patients with colorectal
cancer.  Atig-F; Garrouste-F; Remacle-Bonnet-M; Sastre-B; Pommier-G
Laboratoire d'Immunologie, Faculte de Medecine, Marseille, France
Int-J-Cancer.  1994 May 15; 57 (4): 491-7

Increased activity of insulin-like growth factor binding protein in human
thyroid papiliary cancer tissue.  Yashiro-T: Arai-M; Shizume-K; Obara-T;
Murakami-H; Hizuka-N; Emoto-N; Miyakawa-M; Ito-K; Tsushima-T Department
of Surgery, Tsukuba University, Ibaraki, Japan. Jpn-J-Cancer-Res. 1994
Jan; 85 (1): 46-52

Immunological effects of insulin-like growth factor-I -- enhancement of
immunoglobulin synthesid.  Robbins-K; McCabe-S; Scheiner-T; Strasser-J;
Clark-R; Jardieu-P, Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc., South San
Francisco, Ca 94080  Clin-Exp-Immunol. 1994 Feb 95 (2); 337-42
INSULIN-LIKE GROWTH FACTOR II MESSENGER RIBONUCLEIC ACID EXPRESSION IN
WILMS TUMOR, NEPHROGENIC REST, AND KIDNEY.  YUN-K; MOLENAAR-AJ:
FIELDER-AM; MARK-AJ; ECCES-MR: BECROFT-DM; REEVE-AE  DEPARTMENT OF
PATHOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO MEDICAL SCHOOL. DUNEDIN, NEW ZEALAND.
LAB-INVEST. 1993 NOV; 69(5); 603-15

Specific expression of insulin-like growth factorII in rhabdomyosarcoma
tumor cells.  Minniti-CP; Tsokos-M; Newton-WA; Helman-LJ Pediatric
Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health,
Bethesada,Maryland 20892. Am-J-Clin-Pathol. 1994 Feb; 101 (2); 198-203

Human osteosarcoma cell lines are dependent on insulin-like growth factor
I for invitro growth. Kappel-CC; Velez-Yanguas-MC; Hirschfield-S;
Helman-LJ Bethesda, Maryland 20892. Cancer-Res. 1994 May 15; 54 (10): 2803-7

Growth factors, receptors and breast cancers. Lippman-M  J. Natl. Inst.
Health. Res 3:59-62 (1991) IGF-I and related growth factors are
critically involved in aberrant growth of human breast cancer cells.

And there are more if you want them.

Betty

Betty Martini
Domain:  betty at pd.org