More To Betty Martini

Betty Martini betty at noel.pd.org
Mon Aug 14 00:35:25 EST 1995

Dear Rifle:

In answer to your questions:

First you make fun of the fact that methanol toxicity mimics multiple
sclerosis.  Would you like instructions to the auto-responder?  In the
case histories you will find one on Alicia Morris who was diagnosed by
two physicians as having multiple sclerosis.  We got her off of
NutraSweet and a couple of months later all her "MS symptoms" disappeared!
In fact, Dr. Roberts tells other physicians not even to make the
diagnosis of multiple sclerosis until the patient is off aspartame.
We've reversed a good deal of cases whether you want to believe it or not.
I'll be glad to give you Alicia's phone number for verification.

2.  The Walton study was not flawed to begin with.  How do you flaw a
study before you start.  NutraSweet refused to sell Dr. Walton the
aspartame because they would have no control over the study.  If you had
read all the shenigans NutraSweet has committed in their studies you
would realize why they want control.  I'll be glad to send you a copy of
the Congressional Record where the National Soft Drink Assn. protested
because Searle used the wrong test when the right one was available, the
wrong solution, didn't test for breakdown products and didn't test for
temperature elevation.  If you know you're going to get results that
won't pass, I guess the best thing to do is not do them correctly to
begin with.

Would you like to read some excerpts from the conclusions of the Task
Force headed by FDA lead Investigator, Philip Brodsky?

"We have uncovered serious deficiencies in Searle's integrity in
conducting high quality animal research to accurately determine or
characterize the toxic potential of its products."

"We have found instances of irrelevant or unproductive animal research
where experiments have been poorly conceived, carelessly executed or
inaccurately analyzed or reported."  "The cumulative findings of problems
within and across the studies we investigated reveal a pattern of conduct
which compromised the scientific integrity of the studies."

And I could go on and quote how U.S. Skinner was asked to indite Searle
but I'm sure you've read it in posts before.  Dr. John Olney informed
Searle that Aspartic acid caused holes in the brains of mice he was
testing.  Ann Reynolds, a researcher hired by Searle, confirmed Dr.
Olney's findings in a similar study.

Dr. Jacqueline Verrett, FDA toxicologist and a member of the
investigation task force said the original aspartame studies were "built
on a foundation of sand." November 3, 1987.  And she reminded the public
when she appeared on an NBC affiliate, Chanel 4, expose out of Miami on
February 27 and FEbruary 28 of this year - when the entire FDA approval
process of NutraSweet was exposed (Sweet Sickness).    If you send them a
blank tape they will send you a copy of it!

Next, I mentioned that aspartame is not a diet product and quoted the
Congressional Record. "Aspartame has been demonstrated to inhibit the
carbohydrate induced synthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin, etc."
You said: "What reference do they cite?"  I mentioned the reference in
the quote and you requoted it - "Wurtman affidavit"!

Next, you said Dr. Garth Nicholson directly contradicts my theory on the
Desert Storm Syndrome.  You might be interested to know that I sent a
packet of information to Dr. Nicholson.  He wrote me back and said that
the men never mentioned aspartame.  That is true because the men did not
realize aspartame was the culprit just as people with all these
neurological problems don't realize aspartame is the culprit until we get
them off of it.

However, in talking to one of the soldiers who was actually there, he
told me that the pop companies sent diet drinks that sat in the Arabian
sun of 120 degrees for as long as 8 weeks and they drank them all day long.
Keep in mind that if it was 120 degrees those cans had to be 150 degrees
inside.  At 86 degrees aspartame liberates methanol in the can.  All the
symptoms of Desert Storm are identical to aspartame disease - memory
loss, headaches, joint pain, confusion, vision problems, depression, etc.

This particular soldier said they only had two things to drink - either
water or diet soda.  I said: "So do the ones you served with who drank
only water have the syndrome?"  He said: "Of the ones that I know, only
the ones who drank the diet soda have the problem!"  I happened to ask -
nobody else did!  Further, last I heard he was doing a poll.  And because
I ever mentioned it, the Aspartame Consumer Safety Network sent out press
releases over the issue.  Whereupon Pepsi decides to put "freshness dates"
on their cans, and I couldn't help wondering what made them decide to do
it then.

The next point was that I said that aspartic acid and phenylalanine
without the other amino acids in protein go past the blood brain barrier
and deteriorate the neurons of the brains.  You said:  "What reference"?
The reference is:  DAAD; DEFENSE AGAINST ALZHEIMERS DISEASE by DR. H. J.
Roberts.  It is discussed in the book and it was discussed at Dr. Roberts
seminar on Alzheimer.  If you want the book which has now been nominated
for a Pulitzer you can get it at 1 800 814-9800.  Also, the neurosurgeon,
Dr. Russell Blaylock, in his book EXCITOTOXINS; THE TASTE THAT KILLS says:
"The ingredients in NutraSweet literally stimulate the neurons of the
brain to death." Health Press 1 800 -643-2665.

Rifle, when you kill off the brain cells you get Alzheimers!  The most
common symptom of NutraSweet is memory loss!

It was Dr. Harry Waisman who studied the effects of aspartame on
primates. Seven infant monkeys were fed the chemical in milk.  One died
after 300 days, 5 others had Grand Mal Seizures.  Searle deleted these
findings when they submitted his study to the FDA!

Rifle, I've not only been researching NutraSweet a long time but we get
people off the stuff and see their symptoms reverse - if we get to them
in time!  Some have perished.  6000 with Desert Storm Syndrome have perished!

If you want to use NutraSweet go right ahead, but you can't make the
history of all those flawed tests and shenigans pulled by SEarle
disappear. NutraSweet was never proven safe and even when the Board of
Inquiry told the FDA not to approve it because of the seizures and brain
tumors, Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes, head of the FDA, over-ruled his own board
of inquiry.  Then he went to work for SEarle's Public Relations firm and
refused to speak to the press for 10 years!

If you want to read the history of NutraSweet I will be happy to forward
you instructions to the auto-responder.  But you can't clean up this
issue because what Searle did is recorded history!  Monsanto bought
Searle in 1985.

Betty Martini
Domain:  betty at pd.org
UUCP:  ...!emory!pd.org!betty