URGENT: NutraSweet/MENTHANOL/TRUTH

Speaker-to-Minerals lydick at SOL1.GPS.CALTECH.EDU
Mon Aug 14 04:47:25 EST 1995

In article <40mo8c$5an at crl4.crl.com>, jvogel at crl.com (John M. Vogel) writes:
=JAMES BET TEE (tee at ug.cs.dal.ca) wrote:
=
=: 	Years ago, in class, we were told that there were cases where
=: people who had consumed large amounts of NutraSweet lost a lot of body
=: control; in some cases, the patients swallowed their tongue.  Whether
=: this was a scare tactic, or even possible, I'm not sure, but it was
=: enough to keep me from using NutraSweet over the last 10 years...
=
=Has the earmarks of a scare story to me.  "Swallowing one's tongue" is a
=misnomer; it doesn't literally happen.

Perhaps not, but it IS the vernacular for strangulation during an epileptic
seizure.