Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide Question

Jarmo Niemi jarnie at
Tue Aug 15 11:11:06 EST 1995

In article <nmcnelly-1408951613240001 at> nmcnelly at (N.A.F. McNelly) writes:

>We've been doing immunohistochemistry for some time, using antibodies
>to calcitonin gene-related peptide.  What we would now like to find
>is an antibody to the CGRP receptor.  All our regular sources and
>Linscott's have been checked, but no luck.

I do not think it exists yet... the receptor has not been cloned, and if the
antibody were available, cloning the receptor would be pretty easy.

Jarmo Niemi, Centre for Biotechnology, Turku Universities, jniemi at

P.S. If you find the antibody, please tell me...